Firearms Licensing Procedure
Applicants must be citizens of the United States or Lawful Permanent Resident Aliens.
Applicants must be a resident of Bridgewater or own a business in the Town of Bridgewater.
Applications are processed by appointment only. After you have completed the steps required, drop off your completed application at the Bridgewater Police station. Please make sure to include your email address on the application, as it is the preferred contact for our firearms officers.
Officer Jacob Poulin and Officer Robert Fernandes will contact you by email or telephone number provided on your application to schedule an appointment to complete the application process. The non-refundable application fee will be collected at the time of your appointment. PLEASE DO NOT leave the fee with your application.
Include the following documentation with the application:
- For a LTC or FID, a copy of your Basic Firearm Safety Certificate or Hunter Safety Certificate.
- If naturalized for citizenship, a copy of your Naturalization Certificate.
- For an FID if you are under 18 years of age, a notarized permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- A copy of the front and back of your current FID or LTC.
- If the LTC is for employment purposes, a letter from your employer verifying the need for the license.
- If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien, a copy of both sides of your Resident Alien Identification card
- If you are applying as a Business Owner, a copy of proof of ownership
***BRING THE FOLLOWING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT***
- Proof of residency and a photo identification (e.g. Massachusetts Driver’s License, I.D., or voter registration card)
- An e-mail address or self-addressed stamped postcard so you can be notified when your permit is ready to be picked up.
- Non-refundable application fee. Application fees are payable by CASH, MONEY ORDER, or PERSONAL CHECK made payable to the Town of Bridgewater.
LTC/FID – $100.00 (Renewal Applicants 70 years of age or older, there is no charge)
FID – $25.00 (Applicants under the age of 18)
You must answer all the questions truthfully. Pay particular attention to Question # 10: Have you ever appeared in any court as a defendant for any criminal offense (excluding non-criminal traffic offenses)? Some traffic violations are criminal. If you’re unsure, please ask……….
- This includes all adult and juvenile appearances
- This includes a sealed record. (You do not have to report what is in the sealed record) We will be notified if your sealed record disqualifies you from having an FID card or LTC
- It does not matter if you were found not guilty or if the charges were dismissed or continued without a finding.
- Having been arrested and convicted of a crime does not necessarily prohibit you from getting a LTC or FID.
If your LTC/FID is about to expire let us know so we can try to get you renewed before the expiration date.